FUNCTIONS OF THE MINISTER OF 1969
ORDER OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
(NO 2) 2004
GOVERNMENT GAZETTE Volume 48, no. 13 dated June 24, 2004
list the responsibilities of
DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY SERVICES
Controlling, preventing, and eliminating animal and zoonotic diseases.
• The production of livestock, livestock products and animal feed.
• Inspection of meat, milk, eggs, animal feed, slaughter houses and animal products processing plant.
• Controlling the import and export of animals and animal products and quarantine services.
• Training for livestock and pets.
• Expansion of livestock production and animal health and veterinary public health.
• Research and animal diseases, and animal genetic resources.
• Regulating animal welfare and conservation of animal genetic material.